More than two workflow buttons in Jira 7.1.0 (ops.bar.group.size.opsbar-transition)

Kenny Pyatt March 3, 2016

I'd like to see 5 workflow buttons (instead of the default two) on the issue screen.

I've attempted to create a jira-config.properties and set the ops.bar.group.size.opsbar-transition = 5.  No joy.

I'm using Windows Server 2012 and JIRA 7.1.0.  The properties file I create is located in c:\program files\atlassian\application data\JIRA (although I've tried multiple locations).

I've restarted JIRA multiple times.  What am I missing?

1 answer

0 votes
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2016

Hi Kenny, the <JIRA home> directory is the correct location, but I think it might be transitions not transition , e.g.

ops.bar.group.size.opsbar-transitions = 5

Kenny Pyatt March 3, 2016

Good catch.  I corrected it but it's still not picking up the change.

Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2016

Hmm, just checking the obvious:

• Your file is called jira-config.properties?
  • It's in the directory that's listed as "Location of JIRA Local Home" in your System Properties (<your JIRA server>/secure/admin/ViewSystemInfo.jspa)?
  • The entry in the file is ops.bar.group.size.opsbar-transitions = 5 ?
  • JIRA's been restarted after creating jira-config.properties and adding the above line?
  • There are more than 3 permitted transitions out of the status of the ticket you're viewing? I.e. you don't have workflow conditions that are hiding transitions?

Suggest an answer