Monthly increase of tickets

Lukas Korenacka August 13, 2015

Hi, 

I would like to create a filter that will show all the tickets assigned to me on a monthly basis. My objective is to document if there was an increase or decrease in workload.

What I tried so far:

Set up filter "Assigned to me" and "Create date" on a monthly basis (1st until 31st).

The problem with this filter is that JIRA then only shows me all the ticket that were created in a certain time and still are assigned to me. What I need is, all tickets created in a certain time frame assigned to me in that time frame only.

Seems to be a mission impossible.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Best, 

Lukas

4 answers

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2015

@Lukas Korenacka Have you already found out how to do what you wanted to do?

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2015

The JIRA Better Excel Plugin can generate this report (and any other custom Excel reports) to you like this:

1. Execute a JQL that returns all issues you want to include in this report
  2. When the issue list is passed to the Excel add-on, process the change history of each issue with a simple Groovy script
    1. Check every change where the assignee was modified
    2. If this is not the current user, skip it
    3. Otherwise insert this into a map that contains issue-to-date mappings
  3. Export this mapping to Excel
    1. Also export two computed columns, in the first use the YEAR() Excel function to derive the year when the assignment was made, and in the second use the MONTH() function
  4. Now you have all source data: issues, the year and the month when it was assigned to you, so you can define a simple pivot table from these
  5. You can even define a pivot chart to visualize the trend

This may require a little work to set up this report, but after that you can get the current report with a single click. You can even auto-email the Excel report to you at the end of each month!

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2015

If you are not the current assignee of some of the issues, the operator that you need is WAS.

Try this:

assignee WAS currentUser()
0 votes
michael_ngangom
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2015

Hello,

You can check createdDate > startOfMonth()combined with the two conditions you already have. Do let me know the result!

Cheers!

Mike

Lukas Korenacka August 13, 2015

yeah, that is not working. it will show all tickets that were created in that time frame which are still assigned to me. I pass the tickets on to some of my colleagues so the assignee changes. I want to see all tickets that went through me per month.

michael_ngangom
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2015

try with text ~ "Your name"

Suggest an answer