Monitoring tools for Jira

Hi All

Is there some kind of monitoring tools available which would contineously monitor our jira home page and if the content does not load or the page does not load then the monitoring tool sends an automatic email to admin. That way the admin knows in advance that the jira has crashed rather than to wait for user to report it.

We are particularly interested in this feature because we are currently in a old version with less memory and our jira often goes down due to memory issues.

Rahul

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes

Most monitoring systems can monitor a url, I don't think there's any reason to choose any of them just because you want to use them with Jira. Throw a rock at google for "monitoring url availability" or something like that :-)

Some of them may need you to give them an account for any detailed monitoring, or you might want to look at one that talks to the Tomcat via JMX or some other method, but anything that can test url regularly and alert on that basis will work fine.

I'd also look through https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/JIRA+Performance+Tuning if you're having memory issues.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,979 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot