Modifying of an email notifications' content using a plugin

Michael I. October 13, 2013

Is it possible to modify the content of an email notification using a system-2 plugin and without modifying of the default email templates?

Maybe there are some plugin modules to achieve this?

For example, I need to change the email subject depending on the recipient user. At this moment, there were made a nubmer of modifications in default templates to implement this feature. Is there any other ways?

1 answer

0 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2013

While you can make this with a plugin, you will need to also create your own velocity templates. Or make some heavy changes in the current ones to be used with the plugin.

Michael I. October 13, 2013

Yes, I know this. As I mentioned before, I have a solution with the modified default templates, but I want to improve it.

As far as I understood from the source code, there is only one xml-file where mailing templates are defined. Did I miss something? Is it possible to switch the velocity template manager from the default templates to the plugin-provided ones without modifying of default templates or xml-files?

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2013

If you dont want to write or keep maintaining something to do this, JEMH provides template customization support, you can create a custom template in the UI without lower level file changes, the integrated editor allows you to edit the templates as needed. You could also paste existing text/html templates into JEMH Issue Event Template Sets also.

Suggest an answer