Modifying a Workflow that has been advanced too far

Richard Dimler June 19, 2017

I recently had an issue where a workflow was advanced to "Implementation" instead of stopping at "In Progress" in the Jira application.

Is there a way to revert the workflow back to In Progress?

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2017

Edit the workflow and add a transition back to "in progress", then use it.  There is no "undo", but the workflow is very flexible.

Richard Dimler June 20, 2017

Hi Nic,

Thank you for the reply. I checked back to the workflow and I do not see a place to edit the workflow. When I click "Implemented" nothing happens and there is no place that I see to change the status to edit it.

Any help is appreciated.

Rich

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2017

You need to be an administrator to be able to edit a workflow.

Status is not a field, and can't be "edited", you have to move the issue through workflow transitions to change it.

Richard Dimler June 20, 2017

So I believe I have administrator access because I can edit all the fields. Should I choose Re-Start to change the workflow status instead? 

JIRA Workflow 2403.jpg

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 20, 2017

Admin rights are separate to the right to edit issues or move them through workflows.  They're about configuring JIRA, not using it.

At the top of the issue, click on the project name, to get to the project header view, it'll be displaying a board or some filters etc.

At the bottom of the left-hand panel, click project settings.  Now look in the workflow section.  If you have admin rights, an editing-pencil icon should appear to the right of the workflow(s) the project is using.

Suggest an answer