Modify the protocol work mask for time tracking

rpenkert August 18, 2014

hey guys,

i would like to modify the protocol mask which is opened when I m clicking on the "+" in an issue with time tracking. I need to add there a field.

How can I do this?. I can't find a reference or something like this to an existing mask.

René

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2014

What do you mean by "protocol mask"? Or even "mask"?

rpenkert August 18, 2014

Thanks for your fast answers.

The headline of the popup thats open is "Arbeit protokollieren", a better translation is "mask to protocol work" . Yeah that s a mask, but i can't find a configurabler mask in the configuration which referes to the popup.

There are already fields like time tracking or comment , so i think that there is a mask anywhere, I only can't find it.

Thanks for the plugin, but thats too much, I only need to add one or two fields.

Thats the mask i want to edit^^

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2014

Ah, you mean "screen" rather than "mask"

There's not a lot you can do with this. The work logs are a fixed feature - to amend them you have to use plugins to inject fields, or hack the core code.

There may be some work-arounds though - what fields are you trying to insert, and what are they for?

rpenkert August 18, 2014

oh ok. That was my assumption.

Hack the code is not the way I would go. Then I think it s better to write a plugin. Can you give me a short "way description" how to implement this. Not detailed, only that I know on basic what I need to do.

I hoped that there is a shorter way, but a Plugin is also ok.

I thinke there are diffent requirements, so that my idea is, to create a plugin that can use different screens to replace the default screen.

several questions:

how can i acces to the fixed screen

can i say jira to use alternative screens and not do a "real" replace with the plugin so that other projects still can use the default screen ?

0 votes
Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2014

Please think about https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/is.origo.jira.tempo-plugin this plugin - it allows to add specific worklog fields when you track time.

Suggest an answer