Modify project top and side navigation bar menus?

Nalini Jayanthi January 6, 2017

Hello,

I am a complete newbie to JIRA. I am trying to setup a cloud solution for my company of 10-15 users. I would like to disable Boards in the top menu and Reports and Releases from the project left side menu for my users. How do I do that? I have already tried going to Add-Ons, Application Components, JIRA Agile and Planning Board Menu Item and disabling that. The issue is it says, module cannot be modified. How do I disable that? I am trying this by logging in as a Administrator. Any help Appreicated!

Thanks

Nalini

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2017

You're not able to disable core functionality on Cloud.

If you want rid of JIRA Software, you'll need to disable it in your account, and go back to plain JIRA Core.

Nalini Jayanthi January 6, 2017

Thanks for your time. I am right now going to JIRA Administration and then trying to disable the specific add-on component. Can you point me to the location in my account where I should go to just do it for my account only and not to the cloud?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2017

No, sorry, I was not clear.

You have asked to remove a load of functions that are a mix of JIRA Software and Core functions.  On Cloud, you cannot remove the Core functions at all.

To remove the Software functions, you have two options.

1. Remove Software for everyone.  That's what I thought you meant, so I directed you to your my.Atlassian account where you can turn it off completely
  2. Remove your access to it (which will make the functions disappear entirely).  The default way to have access is by being a member of the "JIRA software users" group.  However, if you want to retain access to JIRA, you will need to give yourself just Core access, so you'll need to have a licence available for that.

Suggest an answer