Modify/extend 3rd party add-ons

Jesús Jorge Muñoz January 22, 2018

Hi everyone,

My team is currently working with some commercial add-ons in Jira Cloud, being one of them the Test Management for Jira tool. For some reasons, in this particular case, we need to add a custom field to test cases that need to be a user picker type.

By default, this add-on does not implement this type of custom field. So we were wondering if it is possible to modify/extend this add-on to adapt to our requirements. And not only for this particular case, if it is possible to modify/extend functionalities of 3rd party add-ons.

Kind regards,
Jesus

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2018

Most add-ons would require you to change their code to do this sort of thing.  I'd suggest reaching out to the authors of the add-on to see if they have this on the road map.

Disclaimer, yes, I work with the authors of the one you've mentioned.  I'm not that close to the developers, but they're friendly - if they have plans to support what you want, they should be able to tell you when, and if they don't, they're always interested in new ideas.  Most other add-on developers I've worked with are similar.

Jesús Jorge Muñoz January 23, 2018

Hi Nic,

Thank you very much for your reply. We'll keep contact with Adaptavist Team then.

Suggest an answer