Modify epic view screen

Shaurav Garg November 4, 2016

I created a screen scheme that includes a few fields on two tabs. I associated this screen scheme to the default issue type Epic for a specific project in all three operations: Create, Edit, and View. 

When I go to create or edit an epic in this project, it shows me the screen according to my screen scheme. However, the same does not work when I go to view the issue. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2016

Nothing wrong.

JIRA re-arranges the issue view screen.  It's still using the order of fields you've given it, but with exceptions.  If you look at the area containing the "custom" fields, you'll find it is doing those in the order you've given it. 

But.  It pulls any date type fields out into a date panel, and does the same with user type fields.  Attachments have their own section, and all the "system" fields are dragged out into the "details" area.

Your screen definition only really informs the order of what's left in the custom field area.

Suggest an answer