Modify History Tab Layout?

Chris McInnes July 12, 2015

Hi There,

I was wondering if it is at all possible to modify the layout of the History Tab?

Specifically, I would like to hide the "[10014]" numbering which I believe is the Field ID to clean up the page layout for end users.

Thanks

Chris

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2015

Not without changing the code that generates the tab.  Although it would not be too hard a change, a bit of an "if" statement in a template.

Chris McInnes July 12, 2015

Hi Nic ... do you know if there is a template file in any of the JIRA directories that can be modified to update the History Layout?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2015

I've got a feeling it's inside a system "addon". A lot of what we think of as "core" JIRA is implemented in addons, and I've got a feeling all the issue display tabs are addons. That means you'd have to find the .jar it is in, unpack it, edit the template(s) and repack the .jar.

Suggest an answer