Modified test steps in different version (Zephyr)

Test comp December 19, 2013

Hi,

What is the Best Practise for handleing Test steps in Test Issue Type of Zephyr.

We set status for all Test issue Step for 1.0 version, and after 1 month we change these steps in 2.0 and we lost the former steps status value.

Are there any good way to handle it?

It is really hard to clone and administrate these issues every time!

Is it possible to report all Test status with all Test Step status?

Thank you in Advance!!

2 answers

1 vote
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2014

Hello,

Any time you want to make changes to a test case, in order to save the history of the original you need to clone the test case. Once the test case is cloned you can make the necessary adjustments to the cloned copy. Then the original will stay the way it was and the history will not get adjusted.

Kind Regards,

Emily

Test comp January 2, 2014

Thank you very much!

0 votes
Jessica Sullivan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2013

Do you add a new test cycle for version 1.0 and then a new test cycle for version 2.0? Then add your test to each cycle, and when you execute it once for version 1.0 and again for version 2.0 you have a different status on each. Not sure what is meant by "is it possible to report all Test Status with all Test Step Status". Do you mean in a gadget on a JIRA dashboard? The Zephyr staff may have more info on that.

-JS

Test comp January 2, 2014

Hi,

For example,

First we add a new "Test" Summary: MyTest

Add Test steps for it:

Test Step 1

Test Step 2

Test Step 3

We execute it in myapp version 4.1

Result:

MyTest - FAIL

- Test Step 1 - PASS

- Test Step 2 - FAIL

- Test Step 3 - Unexecuted

After 1 month

We delete Test Step 2 because it is outdated and add new Test Steps are added

Execute it under myapp version 5.0:

MyTest - Pass

- Test Step 1 - PASS

- Test Step 4 - PASS

- Test Step 5 - PASS

- Test Step 3 - PASS

- Test Step 6 - PASS

When I see my execution history in 4.1 I lost Test Step 2 result

MyTest - FAIL

- Test Step 1 - PASS

- Test Step 4 - Unexecuted

- Test Step 5 - Unexecuted

- Test Step 3 - PASS

- Test Step 6 - Unexecuted

And I dont know where the app was failed last month, that is my problem.

That means I always have to clone my Test Issues before modifiacation and only use the cloned one in the future?

Suggest an answer