Modified, removed files section in System Info

Paulina Wegrzyn November 15, 2015

Hi, 

Recently, I upgraded our testing instance of jira from version 6.3.9 to version 6.4.12 and after upgrade in section 'System Info' under Modified Files and Removed Files there is a lot of entries (on screen below you can see only small part of it).

Please let me know if this is normal behavior and how it should be refreshed (before upgrade I used this section to find our customization files in JIRA). Now if we would like to upgrade JIRA to upper version (in the future) we would not know which files were configured/modified.

Thanks in advance,

Paulina

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2015

No, that is absolutely not the normal behaviour - it looks like something has damaged all those files in the installation, or the checksum list was corrupted so it's mis-detecting changed files.

What happens if you perform a clean installation of JIRA from the installer?

Paulina Wegrzyn November 16, 2015

Hi, I upgraded our testing jira using this method https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/upgrading-jira-using-a-rapid-upgrade-method-312738529.html#UpgradingJIRAUsingaRapidUpgradeMethod-upgradingonlinux - I did all steps according to this instruction - when JIRA was starting, just after upgrade I shut it down and replaced all modified files, then I started it again (re-indexing has been launched just after startup). All things except those Modified, Removed files section in System Info looks ok after upgrade. Could you please advise how can I avoid such situation while upgrading our live instance of JIRA? Thanks in advance, Paulina

Suggest an answer