Modern Default groups

Gary Walvin November 2, 2016

Is there any way to bring all the groups up to date with the latest defaults on a cloud instance?

I'd like the confluence-users, jira-users and jira-developers groups to be created and be automatically granted the permissions that they would be on a new instance, including being added to existing spaces, projects, etc.

Not massively important, but would be nice to be able to bring it all in line with how a new instance would be.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 2, 2016

I would just recommend creating the new groups and granting them the default access, permissions and members that you want them to have. You can do that safely and slowly over time.

In the spirit of being an open company, I can tell you that there is no migration tool that you can use. I know because I was on the team that made that change and we saw these level of group / permission manipulations as being too risky a change for an automated tool and too confusing for our customers too: better to just leave existing customers configured as they currently are, let new customers get the new configuration and let existing customers self-migrate to the new configuration if they want to.

Suggest an answer