Mobile workflow

Romain Pouclet December 3, 2013

Hello,

We are a company heavily relying on Atlassian products, including Jira. We are working on a mobile application that will be available both for iOS and Android. The thing is, I'm not sure I like the way we created our tasks and issues.

At this stage of the development, most of the tasks are basically the same, so what we did was creating one task in Jira and assigning 2 components to it : iOS and Android. This has several issues :

• Time tracking, we cannot know how many time was spent on the Android side vs the iOS side
  • Closing the issue once it's done : I can't close the issue when I'm done with the iOS part if my colleague is still working on the Android part.

What would you suggest ? Duplicating tasks ? Multiple Jira projects ?

Thanks for your feedback !

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nicholas Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2013

Hi Romain,

Long story short...

• We have separate projects for the iOS and Android platform, each a different team. We track releases using fix versions which are consistent across both.
  • We then have additional projects for the features that are built upon each platform, again one for each team and the team is responsible for that feature. We also use epics in each of these projects to track features, along with the same fix versions to track releases.
  • We are not using JIRA Mobile Connect, instead bugs are filed via email within the app.

Cheers,
Nicholas Muldoon
@njm

Suggest an answer