Mobile app does not work with my account

cgorman February 8, 2019
We use SAML authentication and we have multiple techs configured on Jira exactly the same way. Others can use the mobile app but my account will not work. I am using the pixel 3 and also had another tech sign into my phone with their account and it worked. When I attempt to sign in, I am redirected to the SAML authentication page and then after successful sign in, it takes me back to the original login page. Any ideas on what to look at?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Claudiu Lionte
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2019

Hey Casey,

It looks like you are running into a known bug. Please see it below:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ID-6658 

Most likely, your account has a different email domain than the ones of your colleagues and that's why you are redirected to the SAML SSO section. This is currently unsupported / not working in the mobile apps.

Claudiu 

cgorman February 11, 2019

Thanks for the response Claudiu. This does not appear to be the issue I am having. We are using ADFS for SAML. I confirmed that my UPN and primary SMTP address is correct in AD. I do not see anything different right off the bat between my account and one that is working. We are passing the following attributes in ADFS: Given-Name, Surname, UPN, and E-mail address (as Email). All of those appear fine on my account. The co-worker in charge of the atlassian service desk deployment project wants to try to to remove my account and re-add it to see if it makes a difference.  I will post back if that makes a difference.

cgorman February 11, 2019

So interestingly enough, we were about to delete my account and we decided to try my account on an iphone and it worked. So we went back to my phone (Pixel 3), and tried it again and it did not work. 

I then attempted to sign up, typed in my email, name, and a random password and clicked continue. Went through the captcha and then it redirected me to my SAML login. I then signed in with my SAML credentials and I was able to sign into the app without any issues.

Not sure what the issue is exactly, but I was able to sign into the app that way.

Claudiu Lionte
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2019

That's odd, but glad to see it's working now.

Like cgorman likes this
Henry Yei October 3, 2019

Our entire company has the same problem with the Jira Mobile apps. We are setup with Google Apps SAML. Whenever we try to login as Google, it kicks us out with the error "invalid credentials" I tried to use the sign up workaround above and still get the same error, as the mobile app (jira, confluence) detects again that it is a Google account and forces us the sign in that way.

There are no issues when logging in from the web. This issue has been around since at least July when we started using Atlassian.

Suggest an answer