lexmove March 2, 2015

Hi
Create roles
Roles.jpg 

Given the right group jira-developers
Roles2.jpg

Workflow is
Workflow.jpg 

But buttons Start Progress and Resolved is missing. Why?

User - Admin
work.jpg User - group jira-developers

worknot.jpg

7 answers

1 vote
philleicht
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2015

Hello lexmove,

okay, that does look good then.
I assume every user in your JIRA instance is member of jira-developers? If not, you have tested and created the screenshot from a user that definitely is in the group and not only has the developers role in your project?

If all this is setup correctly, Peter Ban's answer includes an additional lead:

You should look at the condition of this workflow transitions. It might be depending on a particular role/group in your permission scheme. 

However if it's a default workflow, that shouldn't be as restrictive.

Regards,
Philipp 

1 vote
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2015

Hey,

You should look at the condition of this workflow transitions. It might be depending on a particular role/group in your permission scheme. 

You've added a screenshot of the notification scheme here. What about the permissions scheme for this project? I believe we'll find the answer there. 

0 votes
Николай Соколов March 2, 2015

Hi all guys!

I'm a boss for "lexmove". Thank you so much for your quick and effective responses.

I've just made recommended correction in "Transition issue" - now JIRA works fine.

Case is closed.

Regards, Nicholas Sokolov

philleicht
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 2, 2015

Hello Nicholas, I'm glad this was solved for you! To make it easier for users with the same problems, could you please ask "lexmove" to accept the appropriate answer that solved it for you? That way, users that end up on this post will immediately know what they could do to solve the issue without having to try and read through all answers. That would be great. Thank you and have a good day! Regards, Philipp

0 votes
philleicht
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 2, 2015

Hello lexmove,

I would assume what you want is that every user with the Developers role is able to transition issues within the workflow, right?
In that case, I would add the Role "Developers" to the permission "Transition Issues" where - currently - only the groups administrators and jira-developers is in.
That way everyone who has the appropriate rule can transition issues.

Maybe this fixes your issue. If not, we'll have to have closer look at this again.
Do you use the default builtin workflow or did you create it yourself?

Regards,
Philipp 

0 votes
lexmove March 2, 2015

I gave the rights to another user. Is that correct?

Users.jpg

0 votes
lexmove March 2, 2015

issue.jpg

0 votes
philleicht
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 2, 2015

Hello lexmove,

the second screenshot shows the notification scheme, which only settles which users/groups/roles get informed about a particular action. What you are looking for is the permission scheme that's used for your project.

In this scheme, the permission you're looking for is called "Transition Issues" and can be found in the project permissions (Select your project -> Administration tab -> Permission in the left menu -> Scroll down to the Issue Permissions section).

Regards,
Philipp

Suggest an answer