Missing transition buttons

Galya Tsenkova January 24, 2017

Hi, we have an issue with the status transition buttons on JIRA. I am an administrator and I have the permissions to change the status but the buttons are missing since yesterday. When I try to change the status of tasks created today or yesterday, I cannot as there are no buttons. I can manipulate older tasks so the issue seems to exist only for tasks created this week. We tried to run the integrity checker and it seems to work well. Yet we get indexing errors.

Could you help resolving the issue?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2017
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2017

The integrity checker should find and fix those though. 

What are the "indexing errors" you're seeing?

Like Roman Glotov likes this
Galya Tsenkova January 25, 2017

Hi guys and thanks much for the help!

It turned out the issue was related to no free space on one of the disk partitions. The database backups and the temp files for the re-indexing of the database were saved on the same disk partition. Several days ago the disk was full at 100% so it was impossible to save the temp files and because of that the database was working with errors. So we had to free space for re-indexing to be done successfully and all issues were resolved.

Thanks again smile

Raynard Rhodes December 3, 2020

I ran into this issue and this fixed it for me https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/workflow-transition-button-missing-from-the-issue-view-page-in-jira-server-800304645.html

I believe it was because the issue as created at the same time there were database reboots.

Like Mirek likes this

Suggest an answer