Missing story priority icon

richard m November 3, 2015

All stories are missing the priority icon under issue navigator. There are priority icons for all other issue types. Running server 5.2.11.

1 answer

1 vote
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2015

Check the Screen Scheme (in your Project's Issue Type Screen scheme) associated to the "Story" issue type and double check if "Priority" is included in the "View Screen", Add it if it's missing.

richard m November 4, 2015

Checked the screen scheme and it is associated to the story issue type.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2015

How about the View Screen for that screen scheme?

richard m November 5, 2015

Yes, priority is in there also. Will try restarting server end of day and see if the cache cleanup will refresh things.

richard m November 6, 2015

We restarted the Jira instance and the priority icon is there for when new stories are created. It is not present for existing stories. When the story is edited and the priority is changed however, the priority field vanishes from the edit screen.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 6, 2015

That's weird. Do they have a default value on them (it should always have).

richard m November 9, 2015

They do have a default value as blocker.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 9, 2015

That gets more weirder. So for the ones missing the Priority field, what is showing up in the "Edit Screen"? Or when you to export them? Do they have a value?

richard m November 10, 2015

The edit screen is empty and I cannot add the priority. When I create the story it exists but when added to a sprint the priority vanishes. When I try to edit that just added story, the priority is the default and not the one I selected.While changing the priority status, it also vanishes. Seems like a bug in this installation.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2015

This is really odd, something is going on with the View Screen OR there is something preventing the Priority field to be displayed (like a workflow property) or some sort of add-on.

Suggest an answer