Missing "Import to a new business project" option

Sergei Darienko April 3, 2024

Hi everyone!
So, I'm having tough luck importing Jira software project tasks and workflow into Jira work management. Following the steps from https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/docs/import-data-from-jira-software-to-jira-work-management/? I do not see the option for importing an existing project. Both projects are company-managed, Jira Cloud.

Do I miss something?

Appreciate any help/suggestions

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2024

Hi @Sergei Darienko and welcome to the Community!

If your projects are in the same instance (i.e. they are under the same xyz.atlassian.net url), you should be able to use bulk change to move the issues from one project into the other. The import functions are there to pull in data from external sources.

To do so, navigate to filters > View all issues and search for all the issues in your Jira Software project. As soon as you have that list, hit the ... button near the top right corner and select Bulk Change

Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 08.51.40.png

Then, follow the steps the wizard guides you through:

1. select all issues
  2. choose the option to move the selected issues
  3. map all project / issue types from the source to the target project
  4. check and resolve any potential errors
  5. move the issues

Hope this helps!

Sergei Darienko April 3, 2024

Will try and get to you with feedback ASAP

Sergei Darienko April 4, 2024

That worked well, although I was left under the impression that the "Import to a new project" button would appear somewhere here

Screenshot_2.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events