Missing link to a BitBucket branch in Jira ticket

Stan Aistov January 5, 2018

I am able to see the development section and "Create Branch" link. I am also able to create branch from Jira using the link, but my new branch does not show up in the ticket. Still just says "Create Branch". The branch is actually created and I can verify that in BitBucket. I can also see my account and repository in DVCS account settings. What am I missing?

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Arjan Meijer August 6, 2018

OK, after some help from Atlassian support I was able to fix it. 

Goto DVCS settings, link your Bitbucket or Gitlab account if you haven't done so allready. Go to the options menu next to "Visit account" on the right and choose "Refresh repositories". This gave me a list of all my repo's and fixed my problem. 

Manish Sunthwal April 30, 2019

Thanks @Arjan Meijer it solved my problem. I went to DVCS settings and added required repository details and connected with JIRA..

Da Momma Boss January 10, 2020

I'm having the same issue. DVCS settings? where I find that?

Like # people like this
1 vote
Arjan Meijer August 6, 2018

We are also experiencing this issue, I've also asked the community:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/quot-Create-branch-quot-not-linking-to-created-branch-in/qaq-p/859659?utm_campaign=accept_as_solution_reminder&utm_content=view-answer&utm_medium=email&utm_source=atlcomm#M276305

Ended up creating a support ticket, so hopefully they can either tell me wat I'm doing wrong, or they fix the problem. Will keep you posted.

rameshnagul September 15, 2021

Did you ever figure out what the fix was?

0 votes
Treasure Smith July 12, 2018

I'm having the same issue. Did you ever figure out how to get the link to show up in the issue??

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2018

What is the name of your new branch? Does it contain the JIRA issue key in the name?

Suggest an answer