It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Missing issues on board when swimlanes set to Epics

I created a new Kanban board in a standard software project (not a next-gen one), and all issues are visible in board unless I switch swimlanes settings to Epics. Then all issues under any Epic are suddenly not visible on board. Changing swimlanes back to some other type works just fine, all issues are visible again. 

Am I missing something or there is a bug that needs to be fixed by Atlassian?

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Oct 10, 2019

I would inspect your board's general filter and the sub-filter. Can you share those here? Also, can you share a before and after screenshots of your board?

Hello Jack,

of course, my board filter is the same as other boards: 

project = ERP AND issuetype in (Epic, Bug, Task, Story, Sub-task) AND sprint in openSprints() ORDER BY Rank ASC

Subfilter is empty. Epics are created within ERP project.

Under this setting, all issues are visible on board when Epics are not set up as swimlanes. When they are set up as swimlanes, issues from Epics are not visible.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

The add-in you’ve been waiting for: Jira Cloud for Excel 🙌

Introducing Jira Cloud for Excel Here at the product integrations team at Atlassian, we are thrilled to announce the new Jira Cloud for Excel add-in! This add-in lets you export Jira data directly ...

838 views 5 22
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you