Missing issues card printing function?

Tony McTackett February 17, 2016

New to JIRA - I'm trialling v7.05 (server version) and I'm unable to print issues cards by default (option isn't available). Not sure if it's related to what appears to be missing JIRA Agile plug in (is this needed/or included?). I've checked the manage plug ins section and it isn't listed. I've seen at https://confluence.spartez.com/display/ScrumPrint/Printing+Cards+from+JIRA+Agile the dropdown 'Agile' - in my trial version I don't have this - I have 'Boards'. Is it a requirement to buy a this feature as an add on?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2016

JIRA Agile is not available for JIRA 7 and above.  It has been re-structured as an "application" called JIRA Software new (that adds Boards instead of Agile into your menu).  The functions you had in Agile are almost entirely the same as what you now have in JIRA Software.  To see if you have that, look in "manage applications"

Spartez's add-on is separate, and I believe it's valid for both Agile and Software, but it is an add-on (so check in manage add-ons)

0 votes
Walter Gunter Jr_ October 20, 2020

this is not exciting. Printing my scrum board should be a default capability not an add-in.  It seems with the recent moves to stop offering any thing useful in the default and moving to paid add-ins will encourage me to look elsewhere.

We are using Cloud version and every time we turn around it is something else that isn't useful or good features being removed.   

0 votes
Prem Chudzinski _extensi_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 14, 2017

Hi @Tony McTackett,

If you still use Agile Cards from spartez server add-on you cat try out a new functionality "Print unprinted cards".

unprinted.png

See how it works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7dpfynLXzE

0 votes
Tony McTackett February 18, 2016

Thanks Nic. What confused me is that I trialled the cloud version of JIRA Software in January this year and was able to print issues cards, yet now with the Server version I can't without using an add-on. Additionally, without a Card add-on, within the Board > Configure section there are Card parameters that can be altered (Card colours, Card layout) - yet I can't print cards.

Suggest an answer