Missing file in Jira War

BasNeve May 29, 2012

Hi All,

I downloaded the jira war file and deployed it. I need to change the default port and in the docs I read

the portnumber is configured in /conf/server.xml. Unfortunately I do not have that file.

Any ideaś ?

Warm regards,

Bas

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2012

There won't be a server.xml in the war version. It is supposed to be deployed in an Application server like Tomcat which will have a server.xml.

You might want to download the standalone version instead!

BasNeve May 29, 2012

Thank you Jobin for you're swift reply. I installed the software not by the war on my Glassfish HA cluster but by hand. So I could easily put a different port in the configuration.

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2012

Eh? If you're building a WAR you should do so from the WAR download rather than by hand. Building a WAR by hand will not give you the ability to put a different port in the configuration, as that is done in the container, in your case Glassfish. The Configuration within server.xml is specific to Tomcat. Your Glassfish container has its own configuration, setup that, then deploy the war....

Suggest an answer