Missing eventTypeName in email FROM part after upgrade from jira 4.4.1 to 5.2.1

Guido Grune December 10, 2012

Before update the FROM part of the notification email looks like

John Doe (Commented) (Jira) <a@bc.de>

now it looks like

John Doe (Jira) <a@bc.de>

I know how to edit the subject with templates, but our users has configured there email clients to filter on FROM.

I have modified the mail templates. But I think its not possible to modify the FROM part by template.

A workaround is to add the eventTypeName to the subject but we have customers on the system and they use email filters.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Guido Grune December 16, 2012

I have added the eventtype to the subject and informed our customers.

1 vote
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2012

I know this entry but I am not upgrading to 4.4.x and its not the subject its the FROM part of the email.

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2012

Ah, gotcha, though -1 is a little harsh :p I think, therefore, you will need a sourcecode customization to do this (MailSeviceImpl.sendRenderedMail I think). Is this within your operational parameters?

Thanks for your second answer its much better than your first :-) I try to cancel my vote but I got an "We're sorry, but an unknown error ocurred.
Please try again in a while."

I could but I don't want customize the sourcecode. For me its more important to keep my code base clean for upgrades than avoiding unpleasant communication with our customers. I will ask our customers how high is their effort.

Suggest an answer