Missing add gadget option in dashboard

Martin Jerome Raj D July 6, 2015

I have created a dashboard few days before, and I have added few gadgets to it,and now  I am trying to add a gadget newly to it, I am not able to find the add gadget button, What am I missing ? Thanks in advance!

8 answers

1 vote
Bhagya M S October 24, 2017

1. login as an administration>system

2. under User interface >system dashboard

3.Add Gadget

0 votes
Mohammed Khadir October 12, 2020

I was able to update the dashboards after removing the Shared with Anyone with view access under dashboard settings.

0 votes
Martin Vano April 1, 2020

I can't believe that this bug is still present after so many years. I can't really update my existing dashboards anymore, but copying them and updating the copies seem to be working just fine. 

0 votes
Geir Windsland October 17, 2019

For anyone else searching for the answer to this; I suggest you take a look at the project roles you are sharing the Dashboard with. Go to the actual project and ensure that you personally are included in EVERY single of the project roles that you added to Shares on the Dashboard. It's not sufficient to be added to just one of the project roles (Administrators for instance). It's not logical, but that's how it is.

0 votes
Michael Yu September 26, 2017

Is there any solution for this problem? I am stuck here as well. Any solution is very appreciated.

0 votes
Nora Serinek October 18, 2016

Any news on this issue? As I am experiencing the same issue. I am owner of the dashboard and I am JIRA admin. But I don't see this button at all.

Baba Farooq Basha Renumanu October 18, 2016

Did you check the login ? 

It might be possible that you might have logged in with a different profile, instead of yours ?

Nora Serinek October 18, 2016

The account are managed by LDAP, so I only have one account and profile.

0 votes
Baba Farooq Basha Renumanu April 21, 2016

Hi, 

I am also facing the same issue as above. I am the owner of the dashboard and have added only 6 gadgets and i am trying to add another gadget to my dashboard and not able to find the "add gadget" button.

Not sure what i am missing. When i try to create a new dashboard at that point of time it displays the add gadget button.

Please look into it and suggest ? 

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2015

And admin might have changed the owner of the dashboard. As long as you are the owner, you should be able to add the gadgets.

Martin Jerome Raj D July 6, 2015

ok let me check and come back, the last time when I checked, I was the owner of the dashboard

Martin Jerome Raj D July 8, 2015

Hi, I am the owner of the Dashboard, But I am not able to add Gadgets to it. Why ?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2015

Are you not seeing the "Add Gadgets" option itself? Or are you seeing some errors in the logs?

No I am not able to see the add Gadgets Option itself, ok let me check the logs too.Thanks!

If I have something in the logs, will let you know.

Suggest an answer