Missing Workflow Progress button

James Lee July 2, 2012

After creating a project, it don't have a progress button for me to start progress. I only has Open button.

i don't know why i am able to do it previously but now every project i create i don't have progress button and the workflow button is disable.

How do i get back the progress button?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2012

Look at the workflows and see if there is any condition which prevents you to do that!

By default, only assignee can start progress. Maybe that is what is the issue in your case.

James Lee July 2, 2012

Ok i manage to turn on Assigne in Admin > Issue menu, which i turn off initially. thanks for your help

Derrick Taylor David July 2, 2012

can you add a screenshot of the jira issue and the workflow transition? I think that would help us review it to see if anything stands out

James Lee July 3, 2012

Ok, I have hide the Assignee field (as i don't feel i need it, initially) :

then when i wanted to create an issue, i progress button went missing. No way to start Progress.

do you think this should be bug? Just a thought.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2012

Suggest an answer