Missing Kanban Boards after virtuell machine export -> import

AccessHolding September 7, 2017

Dear Community,

I face an issue which I cant understand. I exported the VM machine from our JIRA installation (DB included). After importing this VM to our HyperV testing envrionment I faced the issue that some of the kanban boards are missing.

Even if I reimport a backup file from the prod system. Do you know issues like that?

BR

1 answer

1 vote
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2017

Hi,

That is odd.  I have definitely moved VM's and did not run this issue as that should be an exact snapshot.  I did some research and I also had a hard time finding others running into this isue either

• If you query the AO_60DB71_RAPIDVIEW table do you see your Board filters?

In regards to the Project import, there is a known issue that you can find at JRASERVER-65270:

As per JRASERVER-28748, during the Project import, the Boards are not going to be imported hence the Sprints to Boards associations will be lost.

After the project import, we can create the Boards manually or by using some third-party plugin, but this may break the reports. For example, reports such as Release Burndown will only show partial Sprints and some of it will appear missing. Querying the database will return all the missing Sprints.

Workaround

Login to JIRA database and run this SQL:

UPDATE "AO_60DB71_SPRINT" set "RAPID_VIEW_ID" = <new board ID> where "ID" in (<IDs of missing sprints>)

Replace <new board ID> with the respective value. <IDs of missing sprints> should be in comma separated list.

Please test this on a staging server before updating your Production instance.

Please vote on JRASERVER-65270 and add your use case to the notes to add impact.

Cheers,

Branden

AccessHolding September 12, 2017

Thanks Branden, solved.

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2017

I'm definitely happy to hear that.  What was it that solved the issue?

Suggest an answer