Missing Groups From Permissions

Rensie Punsal December 8, 2014

Hi,

I have been creating new user groups in JOD, but for some reason, when I'm permissioning projects to certain groups, I'm only seeing a partial listing of the groups available.  I can see the group if I check the groups page, but not in the drop-down to apply settings for a group.  The drop-down even lists that it has 20 of 32 groups listed.

What could be the problem?

Thanks,

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2014

Where are you "permissioning projects to certain groups"?

Rensie Punsal December 9, 2014

Hi, mainly because I have to set up different permissions across the orgs in my company.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2014

No, sorry, not "why", I'm asking *where* you are doing this in JIRA.

Rensie Punsal December 10, 2014

My fault. Read your comment to fast. I'm changing it under the admin -> Issues -> Permission Schemas, then selecting the Project Permission to modify and selecting Add. In the "Add" screen, I'm trying to add the group I created, and the drop-down list shows only a sub-set of my list of groups in the system.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 10, 2014

Ok (I read stuff too fast sometimes too, I know exactly what you mean) So, if I understand this, you're going into a permission scheme, and clicking "add" next to one of the lines, and landing on the permission add screen. In there, you've got the list of permissions you might want to add and you've selected one or more of those. Then, in the radio-buttons, you are selecting "group" and the drop-down next to it only has 20 items instead of your expected 32? (I'm paraphrasing it back to you in case I've misunderstood - I misread stuff randomly) That does sound like a bug of some sort, but there's another quick test I'd like to try. Could you nip into a project, pull up the users and roles and then try to add a group to one of the roles? Does your new group a) appear when you search and b) get added ok if you just type the whole name of it?

Rensie Punsal December 10, 2014

Thanks for understanding. And yes, your summary is exactly the steps I'm going through. To answer your questions and help with some additional information: 1. I do get the same behavior when I go into other projects. The same 20 groups out of 32 are shown in the permissions screen. 2. I can't do a search for the group in that screen. I tried and it says no results found. 3. In the users/groups section, I can add users to the group just fine. When I search for the group, it comes up and it gets added ok. Thanks again.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 10, 2014

Ok, I'm stuck, I'm afraid you're going to need to give us a screenshot of the group list where you've added the groups, and then an example of the dropdown missing the groups.

Suggest an answer