Missing Email Notifications from Jira Tasks

Richard Howard December 20, 2020

Hi,

For my Jira Software Cloud Account (https://umbrellasupport.atlassian.net/) all of a sudden email notifications are not being received when my colleagues and I are tagged in tasks or when a new comment is posted. The email settings are ON and for years before this they always came through fine...

Please can Jira tech support look into this? I really dont think its human error at our end...

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2020

Hello Richard,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Checking your domain on our tools, I was able to find bounces on your account and other two accounts (Jules and Mariz). 

I removed these bounces and the notifications should work now.

If you still face issues, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

Richard Howard December 21, 2020

Thank you very much for your reply :) What is a "bounce" as in undeliverable emails? and so because of that Jira stopped sending emails? Please can you do this for our other Jira account too please: https://umbrellasupportmedia.atlassian.net/ thank you!

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 22, 2020

Hi Richard,

The Bounce is like a block. A notification couldn't be delivered due to unavailable mailbox, for example, so all new notifications will be blocked as well and won't be delivered until this bounce is removed. 

I checked the other addresses one by one, but none of the other accounts using Gmail had a bounce.

They need to check on their side if the notifications are not going to spam and add the domains such as atlassian.com, atlassian.net, jira.com on the trusted domains/whitelist.

Are notifications working again for your domain? 

Richard Howard December 23, 2020

Thanks for all your help, seems all good now :)

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events