Missing Crucible Project drop-down menu on Jira Source Tab since 6.0 Update

Cameron Ferguson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2013

Hello!

We just updated all of our Atlassian products to the latest and greatest! Since the update, we seem to be missing a feature that was extremely useful for our setup. I am not sure if it was removed, or if I can enable an option to add the feature back, but any insigh to this would be great.

We have many different groups that develop sepcific components to the same product suite... So we have 1 JIRA project with multiple components....

For each component of the JIRA project, we create a simular Crucible project.

When we submit our code and want to create a crucible review, we go to the JIRA activity, click on the source tab and create the review. We can still do this... the application links are setup correctly between the two, however there used to be a feature in teh 5.x version of JIRA where on the activity's source tab we could use a drop-down box to select which Crucible project we wanted to associate a new review to...

Now we just have a single button to "Create review for this comitt" but it just selects one of the Crucible projects seemingly at random depending on how settings are adjusted....

Now, once we are in the edit details of the crucible review I know I can then change to a different crucible project, however we have different default moderators and default reviewers for each crucible project...

With the drop-down menu option before on the activity source tab, I could select the project I wanted before I even got to the Edit Details screen of Crucible... then all the default moderators and reviewers would be added correctly...

I do have multiple links set up in the JIRA project configuration to identify each crucible project... but this drop-down menu is gone and it's causing a lot of complaints that every review we push out now has to be manually re-populated with the correct people (we push hundreds of code reviews a week, so this is definitely an annoyance on our side...)

https://answers.atlassian.com/upfiles/crucible_control.png

I found that on google... but that's exactly what I am wanting back! Right now it just looks like this:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/download/attachments/353272911/FE30_source_JIRA.png?version=1&modificationDate=1369808021731&api=v2&effects=border-simple,blur-border

50 Karma for the person that can help me get this back!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gurleen Anand [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2013

Hi Cameron,

Yes, that is what has actually been recommended by Atlassian, when it comes to the new JIRA Fisheye plugin since Fisheye 2.9.x

The new plugin implementation has been simplified such that you don't need a 1 to 1 mapping of your JIRA and Crucible projects as well as JIRA projects to Fisheye repositories. This also has helped in improving the plugin performance, when it comes to loading linked changesets and reviews in JIRA issue.

You can remove these entity links, which will then allow you to choose the Crucible project that you wish the review to be created in. More information on the new plugin functionality can be found here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CRUCIBLE/JIRA+integration+in+Crucible

Removing the entity links will not remove any integration point that you already have between your JIRA and Fisheye/Crucible instances.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Gurleen

Cameron Ferguson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2013

Thanks! I removed the entity links that mapped the Crucible projects in JIRA, then refreshed the cache's in the fisheye-configuration. (Takes 10 minutes or so for source code to start popping back up on issues since the products need to re-cache)

I went ahead and deleted the JIRA -> Crucible application link and re-established it as well.

Once I did that.. now when I click "Create Review for Commit" for the source code it doesn't have any crucible project associated with it, and it brought me to the initial review creation screen where I could choose my project before it took me to edit detials.

Thanks for the work-around! Will look forward to when the drop-down menu is restored. I did vote for the issue.

0 votes
Gurleen Anand [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2013

Hi Cameron,

Unfortunately this is a known bug, as documented here:

https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/FISH-622

Please watch it and cast your vote there. There isn't any known workaround to it.

Thanks,

Gurleen

Cameron Ferguson
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2013
Gurleen, thanks for the response! Let me ask this.. is there a way for me to just not have a default crucible project associated with the Jira project so that when I hit "create review for this commit" that it takes me to the main review creation screen where I can choose the project in Crucible? The URL on the button in Jira shows: http://crucibleinstance:8080/cru/create?csid=99999&repo=Perforce&crucibleProject=CRUCIBLE_PROJECT Is there something I can do to remove the "&crucibleProject=CRUCIBLE_PROJECT" variable on that URL? Doing so would not set a default project and therefore let me select the crucible project I want after crucible is loaded.
Cameron Ferguson
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2013
Gurleen, thanks for the response! Let me ask this.. is there a way for me to just not have a default crucible project associated with the Jira project so that when I hit "create review for this commit" that it takes me to the main review creation screen where I can choose the project in Crucible? The URL on the button in Jira shows: http://crucibleinstance:8080/cru/create?csid=99999&repo=Perforce&crucibleProject=CRUCIBLE_PROJECT Is there something I can do to remove the "&crucibleProject=CRUCIBLE_PROJECT" variable on that URL? Doing so would not set a default project and therefore let me select the crucible project I want after crucible is loaded.
0 votes
Cameron Ferguson
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 9, 2013

Any thoughts on this?

Suggest an answer