Missing 'Card Layout' link on Kanban board

Paul Farrell March 15, 2015

Hi,

Hoping someone may be able to help.

I am using JIRA 6.3.15 and have set up a Kanban board to track my tasks. I am looking to add some fields to the various cards on my board. I had previously done this with my OnDemand JIRA environment but, for this local environment, when I go to the Board configuration page I do not see the 'Card Layout' link. I see 'Quick Filters', 'Card Colours' etc. but no 'Card Layout'.

I wondered if it could be a permissions issue but my user is a member of the 'jira'administrators' and 'jira-developers' groups.

Can anyone advise as to why I am not seeing this Card Layout link? 

Many thanks for reading. 

2 answers

0 votes
Paul Farrell May 14, 2015

Oops, I forgot to respond to this to explain my fix. Not very helpful of me smile

Nothing exciting I'm afraid. I simply updated either JIRA Agile plugin or JIRA itself (sorry, can't remember which) and suddenly my card layout view was back. Weird

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2015

JIRA permissions are not that granular - you can either configure the board or you cannot.

With a bit of messing around with the system-addons I managed to disable the link by disabling modules in Agile, so I'd check that all modules in the Agile plugin are activated.  If they are, then the next place to look is probably the log file, to check for errors as you go into board configuration

Suggest an answer