Missed stories at the Agile Board

Sergii Miroshnyk July 30, 2013

I faced with the issue when some stories are not presented at the Agile board though stories with the same settings are presented.

Moreover such missed stories are presented at the classic task and planning boards...

What can it be? BUG?

9 answers

0 votes
Rodrigo Sajoux August 29, 2013

Hi, I faced the same problem (bug?) and solved it.

You have to go to the Issue/story detail page and click "View on board" link. This will open the Board view and include your issue.

Good luck!

0 votes
Sergii Miroshnyk August 5, 2013

I use new version of Agile Board, thought that it is GreenHopper. but now i'm not sure.

See screen

James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2013

If you go to Administration/custom fields - do you see Sprint as one of the fields?

0 votes
Sergii Miroshnyk July 31, 2013

So it is impossible to include in Sprint already resolved strory/defect for users, isn't it?

James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2013

I am not sure what I am missing, but I am able to modify my sprint field.

James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2013

Are you using GreenHopper?

0 votes

Perhaps it depends on some Project's settings?

See attached screens

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2013

Users are not allowed to access the Sprint field. It's configured by the code.

0 votes
James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2013

Hi Sergii,

You should be able edit with hot keys if you hit comma ',' then start typing in 'sprint' and select enter it should take you to the sprint field to edit it. Then you can put in the sprint id (not the sprint name which the field shows when not being edited).

Another thing you can do to add the field to your edit screen is when you select edit, go to the upper right where it says configure fields and add the sprint field so that you can edit it.

Hope this helps.

I've already checked it, unfortunately there is no such field as Sprint either in "Find actions" pop-up window nor in Edit mode (all possible fields which can be configured).

James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2013

If you use the hot key comma ',' it should be the go to field. If I then type in sprint, the sprint field comes up. Are you saying the "sprint" field does not exist on any of your issues? I was able to edit a resolved issues's sprint value as well.

0 votes

I can see the read-only field named as "Sprint" in Agile section only of assigned to the sprint stories.

But there isn't such field as Sprint at the story/defect details in edit mode.

Could you please give a hint where can i edit Sprint from ticket details?

0 votes
James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 30, 2013

You can see what the sprint ID is and edit the issue and put the sprint id in that way.

0 votes
Sergii Miroshnyk July 30, 2013

Thanks!

It seems I've already figured out the issue.

The story/defect wasn't assigned to the Sprint, so it isn't shown either at the task board nor at the planning board.

And it isn't shown in backlog since the issue is already resolved.

In case of story was initially assigned to Sprint and then resolved - everything would be fine.

Backlog contains only open stories/defects, doesn't it?

It is possible to assign resolved stories to the Sprint?

0 votes
James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 30, 2013

Have you checked your workflow to make sure they are in a mapped status?

Suggest an answer