Minimum Synchronise Period In Fisheye

Goutham May 30, 2013

Hi There,

I'm new to Fisheye. I have created a set of users in Jira. I need them to be updated in Fisheye as soon as I create them in the Jira instance. In Fisheye Jira/Crowd Authentication settings the SYNCHRONISE PERIOD is 1 hour. What is the minimum synchronise period that can be given??? Will it accept minutes such as 5 minutes instead of 1 hour?

Thanks In Advance,

Goutham...!!!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2013

Hi Goutham,

Yes, its possible to use the value '5 minute'

1 vote
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2013

As the previous two answers have said, yes it will. Just be aware that it uses slightly more resource to keep checking. You could set it at 5 mins to push an event through, then back to 1 hour later.

Also, if you set Fisheye to auto create users, then you need to check who has the licences. FE licences are a lot more expensive (per user) than Jira and you don't want to just give them away to the wrong users. A typical setup will restrict FE users to developers and Jira open to everyone.

You could also setup FE to be open to everyone without creating accounts

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/Configuring+anonymous+access

0 votes
rstephens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2013

Hi Goutham,

You can set the synchronisation interval to whatever you want, but if you set the "Auto-add" option to "Create a FishEye user on successful login", then Fisheye will check with JIRA if a user with the supplied username exists for each login attempt.

That is, users will be automatically added to Fisheye even if there hasn't been a synchronisation since they were added to JIRA.

I would recommend against setting a shorter synchronisation period as it has been known to cause performance issues, especially for large userbases.

Kind Regards,
Richard Stephens

Suggest an answer