Migration to the cloud - plugin related data issues

Karvari Ellingson December 23, 2015

Hello, Can you please tell me if we will have any data migration issues when moving from server to cloud hosting - Particularly with the script runner plug-in?  I have read that we will now need to pay for that plug in - which may not be an option. If we decline to upgrade it, I understand that we will lose the functionality that it provides, but I'm relatively new here - and I have no idea what that functionality is, or how it interacts with our issues, boards, and other plugins. The overview and descriptions do not really help, as they only highlight the features. They do not explain them in detail.

Thank you for your time. 

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2015

Script runner is not available for Cloud at all, so you don't need to worry about the functionality side of it. 

For SR, it depends on what you've done with it - if you've got scripted fields or workflow functions, the fields will simply vanish, but for functions, your workflows will stop working.  Other add-ons do different things.

What you really need to do is

1.  Go through all the add-ons you have, and divide them into "available in Cloud" and "not"
  2. For the "not"s, see if you can identify where they're being used and remove the config for them.
  3. When you think you've removed them all, turn them off and re-test everything.  Once you're convinced, uninistall them.

Once you've done that, you'll find your export/import on Cloud carries everything else across fine.

0 votes
Mark McCormack _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2015

ScriptRunner version 3.1.4 is the latest free version available. However if you wanted find out all of the ScriptRunner functionality you are using I'd recommend you try finding the Script Registry functionality.

However, you would need to upgrade to version 4.x of ScriptRunner for JIRA (use an evaluation license which is valid for a month) in order to make use of one of the built-in scripts called the "Script Registry". This functionality will allow you to take a look at all of the scripts you are using in your instance of JIRA.

Suggest an answer