Migration to Another Server Licence

kanchana wijerathna August 17, 2015

I am planing to migrate our JIRA server to another server with same license key and the same database.  After migrating old server will be offline. So

1. How to get the existing license key from the old server. I dont have access to myaccount in atlassian
  2. When we are migrating to new server, since we are using old database, is license key will be automatically transferred to new server ?

1 answer

0 votes
Pilar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2015
  1. Get your SEN number from the admin section of JIRA. Log a ticket with atlassian to find out who the billing contact is in your organisation and ask the billing contact to add you as technical contact. After that you can access the licence key by going to your my.atlassian account. (assuming you already have an myatlassian account on atlassian)

2. Yes, licence key information is stored in the database. So, if you just update your dbconfig.xml in your new server to point to your olddatabase you should be fine., Justmake sure that at no point in time your old and new server should point to the same DB as it can cause corruption.

Pilar

Suggest an answer