Migration problem caused by plugins

Rumceisz November 14, 2012

Hi,

I try to import projects but the import panel displays some warning like:

"The backup project 'X' requires custom field named 'Sprint' with full key 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-sprint'. In the current instance of JIRA the plugin is at version '6.0.4', but this custom field was not installed in the backup data. You may want to create an XML backup with this version of the plugin installed."

However the backup Jira instance and the current have this plugin and also the same version!!!

What can be the problem??

Rumi

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2012

Do you have the "Sprint" custom field in the target instance?

yes of course

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2012

Can you go to the DB and check what is the custom field key for that "Sprint" field? Is it the same as mentioned in the error message?

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2012

importing only a project requires that you have same configuration on the target & source.

that means any non-standard states,fields,reslutions etc that you added on the source Instance must be on the target before you can perform this migration.

you could restore the source on the destination instace using the full xml backup file. this will transfer any config from inside Jira to the new instance.

no way because in the target instance I have 200+ projects

I try to import 1 project to the target from the source Jira

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2012

well in that case i think you will have to prepare the target to fit all the sources parameters first

switching to DEBUG on logging often shows better infos on failure during any process

Suggest an answer