Migration from hsqldb to ms sql 2012 but where are agile boards?

Kathy Plamann January 9, 2015

I migrated JIRA data from hsqldb to ms sql 2012 but my agile boards didn't get migrated. I am assuming that the board data is stored someplace else. Would you be able to tell me how I can get the Boards over to my production system? We are using JIRA 6.3.12.

Thanks

Kathy

1 answer

0 votes
Pedro Souza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2015

Hello Kathy,

Could you please clarify how did you perform the migration, did you exported an XML Backup while using HSQL, then started JIRA connected to ms sql and performed the import?

If you exported the XML Backup, the boards should be present in the file activeobjects.xml, and it should have been imported to your system if you have restored the .zip file containing the entities.xml and activeobjects.xml.

Please, clarify if you have imported only the entities.xml instead of the .zip containing both files.

Cheers,

Hi Pedro

I used the steps of Migrating JIRA's data to a different type of database server–steps found https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Switching+Databases . I have a situation where developers thought they we in production and created projects on the evaluation system and now they need the data in production. Attachments didn't import either but I found the attachments folder and copied the folder contents to the production server, rebooted and the attachments are good.

Thanks

Kathy

Pedro

I did just copy the entities.xml. I tried copying the other file in the folder and I couldn't. Was I just suppose to import the .zip file? And if so how can I now just get the boards?

Thanks

Kathy

Pedro Souza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2015

Hi Kathy, Actually you have to import the zip file containing the entities.xml and activeobjects.xml in the root of the file. The entities.xml will contain your JIRA data, and activeobjecs.xml information originated from any plugin, since you didn't imported the activeobjects, you won't have any information from your plugins in this instance (such as Agile information). Please, take a moment to compress both files in a single .zip, and perform the import again. Cheers.

Suggest an answer