Migration from Pivotal Tracker to Jira

vittal kovuru August 7, 2017
Could someone let me know how do I migrate from Pivotal Tracker to Jira. I need all projects and stories, bugs from Pivotal Tracker to Jira Agile software.

What is the best way to do??

1 answer

1 vote
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2017
hitesh kumar dewangan December 9, 2017

But it seems like,Jira no longer supports pivotal importer. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/importing-data-from-pivotal-tracker-776636750.html

Could you suggest other methods?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2017

Export your Pivotal data to CSV and import that.

hitesh kumar dewangan December 10, 2017

How do you migrate the story task as subtask for issue? what are the defined field?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2017

seeing the example in the page for subtask. 

Does it mean i need to have each subtask as separate row? 

You can create sub-tasks of issues by adding two columns to your CSV file with the headings "Issue Id" and "Parent Id".

• Give each parent issue a unique, sequential number in the Issue Id column. Leave the Parent Id column blank.
  • For each subtask, put the parent issue number in the Parent Id column. Leave the Issue Id column blank.

In this example, the fourth issue is a sub-task of the second issue because its Parent Id matches the second issue's Issue Id:

IssueType, Summary, FixVersion, FixVersion, FixVersion, Component, Component, Issue ID, Parent ID, Reporter

Bug, "First issue", v1, , , Component1, , 1, , jbloggs

Bug, "Second issue", v2, , , Component1, Component2, 2, , fferdinando

Bug, "Third issue", v1, v2, v3, Component1, , 3, , fferdinando

Sub-task, "Fourth issue", v1, v2, , Component2, , , 2, jbloggs

because while creating automatic CSV in pivotal tacker, it has all the task in same row associating it with the user story. 

Here is link for pivotal excel export - https://www.pivotaltracker.com/help/articles/csv_import_export/ 

If I need to keep all story task (subtask in JIRA) in new row for each story. Then I need to manually create the excel sheet to feed this information in JIRA

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 10, 2017

Yes, one row per issue, whatever the type.

So it mean i need to manually insert everything :( Is there no other solution for this problem

Suggest an answer