Migration from Delegated Directory to LDAP active directory issue

sap
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2015

Hi,

According to the "Migrate to LDAP" document the sourceand destination directories have to be selected accordingly for migrating from A to B.However i am unable to get the active directory LDAP as an option in the drop down for choosing the destination.Due to this i cant perform this according to the document.

What i tried is to synchronise the LDAP active directory and see if its due to this.However no luck there.Am i missing out something?

1 answer

0 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 11, 2015

Sandeep,

As stated in the documentation, you can only migrate:

This functionality allows for the following scenarios:

• Migrate all users from JIRA Internal to Delegated LDAP
  • Migrate all users from Delegated LDAP to JIRA Internal
  • Migrate all users from Delegated LDAP to Delegated LDAP

Source: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Migrating+Users+between+User+Directories

wink

-- Pedro

Angela Todd July 16, 2015

Hi Pedro, Is there a way that users in a Delegated LDAP directory can be migrated to an LDAP Directory? We have moved all our users once, from the Internal JIRA directory to Delegated LDAP, but are finding that maintaining the users in JIRA separately from Active Directory is not working for us. We want to move all our Delegated LDAP users to an LDAP directory, but as you have pointed out, this migration is not supported. What would happen if we created a new LDAP directory and simply disabled the Delegated LDAP directory - would users retain their history?

Suggest an answer