Migration from Cloud Instance to On Premise (hosted on AWS Cloud)

Lakshmi S September 24, 2019

Hello Team,

We would like to migrate Cloud instance data to our client AWS server instance. It consists of 4 projects and no external integrations, but lot of attachments and 15 to 20 users only. Could anyone please guide us on this process and let us know whats the correct document to follow up. We have seen different different documents on this process. Let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2019

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/migrating-from-jira-cloud-to-server-776636236.html

Is there a specific information you need other than the support documents? Above document also outlines special steps if you have lots of attachments.

Lakshmi S September 25, 2019

Thank you @Deniz Oğuz , yes we are also referring same documentation.

one quick question, As the process,we imported data from Cloud instance to our dev(server) instance, so our production and dev (imported from Cloud) instance are in same version now

1) We need to match our current production instance(V8.0.2) to the cloud instance before merging both instances ?

2) we need to create same empty projects ( with fields, screens etc) in jira server before importing data from imported jira server to our production server ?

FYI, We are doing all these in dev environments only, once the process is successful, will do in production.

Apologizes if i am confusing you.

Like Rajesh Viswanathan likes this
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2019

No you don't need to create anything. When you perform a restore all data will be overwritten, so all project you will create will be deleted.

@Deniz Oğuz , i just updated my previous question, could you please check it once ?

We moved imported data from cloud to temporary server instance. Whats the next process to move data from this temporary server instance to our dev server instance ?

Suggest an answer