Migrating from cloud to server

Luis Rivera Carrasco April 19, 2019

I am planning on using a staging jira cloud to restore a backup from production, remove all next gen projects and make a backup for server.

Will restoring one cloud to another set the URL, users and permissions same as prod, or will it retain its currently setup URL. 

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2019

Restoring a Cloud save to another Cloud system will take all of your data, but not the url.  The new Cloud system lives on its own url.

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2019

Hello,

Take a backup for server and you will be able to restore the backup. The url will the url of your Server instance.

Luis Rivera Carrasco April 19, 2019

To clarify, I cannot take a backup for server since our prod has next gen projects, in order to clean that up I need to remove them in a different instance and export to server version. I am good with the last part but wondering if restoring a cloud to another dev instance of cloud, if it will reconfig the settings on the restored instance.

Suggest an answer