Migrating from OnDemand to OnPremise - impact?

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2012

We are planning to migrate from OnDemand to OnPremise and I'm documenting everything that is impacted that I need to update. I would appreciate others' inputs that may have gone through this so that I can have as complete list of tasks/questions as possible. Here's what I have thus far:

• User bookmarks
  • JIRA gadgets that reference the XML URL
  • 3rd party interfaces where we use the API to pull JIRA information into another app
  • Button macros that automatically open the applicable create issue type
  • Footer links

What about these?

• Will JIRA gadgets the reference a project be affected or a specific filter? I didn't know if these references were done via ID or URL.
  • Will include references be affected as they reference space:page name ?
  • Will links to other Confluence pages be affected?
  • Will links to Confluence page/space attachments be affected?

Any advice is much appreciated as we plan this project.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2012

Hi,

Since it is from OnDemand, you won't be able to keep your existing URL (unless you have had some special arrangement). This will be the major problem.

Gadgets - not all will be an issue but those that are done via URL will be (I think most). The application link is URL based.

Links to Confluence pages OR any link that is URL based will be effected. I don't think this applies to space, pages and/or attachments as long as they are NOT URL based (as in you link them relatively).

Note that OnDemand has Crowd installed behind the scenes and this will change how you handle users should you not go with Crowd afterwards.

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2012

You confirmed my 'fear' of the large amount of work that is ahead of me and we use LOTS of gadgets that are URL based because they are based on filters and many links. You did help me also add the custom tab URLs that are now in that avatar related links area that will be affected.

We are implementing Crowd as well...so, that does help with some of the navigation.

Suggest an answer