Migrating from OnDemand to OnPremise - impact?

We are planning to migrate from OnDemand to OnPremise and I'm documenting everything that is impacted that I need to update. I would appreciate others' inputs that may have gone through this so that I can have as complete list of tasks/questions as possible. Here's what I have thus far:

• User bookmarks
  • JIRA gadgets that reference the XML URL
  • 3rd party interfaces where we use the API to pull JIRA information into another app
  • Button macros that automatically open the applicable create issue type
  • Footer links

What about these?

• Will JIRA gadgets the reference a project be affected or a specific filter? I didn't know if these references were done via ID or URL.
  • Will include references be affected as they reference space:page name ?
  • Will links to other Confluence pages be affected?
  • Will links to Confluence page/space attachments be affected?

Any advice is much appreciated as we plan this project.

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi,

Since it is from OnDemand, you won't be able to keep your existing URL (unless you have had some special arrangement). This will be the major problem.

Gadgets - not all will be an issue but those that are done via URL will be (I think most). The application link is URL based.

Links to Confluence pages OR any link that is URL based will be effected. I don't think this applies to space, pages and/or attachments as long as they are NOT URL based (as in you link them relatively).

Note that OnDemand has Crowd installed behind the scenes and this will change how you handle users should you not go with Crowd afterwards.

You confirmed my 'fear' of the large amount of work that is ahead of me and we use LOTS of gadgets that are URL based because they are based on filters and many links. You did help me also add the custom tab URLs that are now in that avatar related links area that will be affected.

We are implementing Crowd as well...so, that does help with some of the navigation.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

54 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you