Migrating from LDAP to Microsoft Active Directory

julien lengrand-lambert April 21, 2015

Hey all, 

We have been switching from an old LDAP installation to Microsoft Active Directory last week.

Both the LDAP and Active Directory are listed in my 'User Directories'.

I now have 2 users with the same user_name and information, one belonging to each LDAP and Active Directory.

Thing is, it seems like the newer users, even though they have the same names as the old ones, don't own anything. 

So for example, if I select the new Active Directory as the main user directory, then I don't see any issues any more belonging to me. 

If I put LDAP back top, then my issues come back. 

Is there a way to merge those duplicate users? I tried to give them the same idea but without success so far.

Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks

4 answers

0 votes
julien lengrand-lambert April 29, 2015

Anything new on this? It's been a week I asked now.

Thanks

Eryk Leniart October 18, 2018

Hi @julien lengrand, have you managed to get this working? I have exactly the same problem...

0 votes
julien lengrand-lambert April 22, 2015

Ok, so I tried to remove one of my user directories, to get rid of the user duplication. 

What this means, is that now, I only have one user with a given user_name. I checked this is the database and everything seems correct. 

When I log into JIRA and I search for issues though, I do not see any issue, even though I have 4000 of those. 

Even though I can see from the database side that issues have 'jll' as owner, and that I have an existing 'jll' user in my user _directory, JIRA won't link them.

Could you please advise on what else has to be changed to make sure that users and correctly seen as assignees? 

Thanks

0 votes
julien lengrand-lambert April 21, 2015

Hey Rodrigo, 

Thanks for the help. 

I looked into the KB, but it doesn't seem to help because my users already have exactly the same username. 

Disabling the old LDAP doesn't make my new users owner of the issues :S.

What I have is duplicate users, but depending which user directory is first the issues are different for the same user name.

So this : 

Symptoms

1. Have duplicate users or user directories with different names

In my case actually is :

1. Have duplicate users or user directories with the same names

Cheers, 

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2015

Hi Julien,

I could find a JIRA KB that could help you in this case. Please have a look and let us know if this is what you are looking for.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer