Migrating from Jira cloud to jira data center on aws (Quick start)

Sysaccount October 8, 2018

Hello,

Our organization is planning to move from Jira cloud to Jira data center on AWS(Quick start). I can see the documentation on how to spin up the servers using Quick start guide.

But is there a documentation on how to migrate from cloud to data center on AWS using Amazon Linux. The quick start guide shows the Jira latest version or image is already up with the stack creation. Should we stop Jira and perform the migration?

Could anyone highlight me on how to go about setting this up step to step?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2018

Hello,

Basically you should take the Jira Cloud backup for server and restore it to your Data Center. After it you should look for any errors in your Data Center and fix them, if there are any errors during migration.

Also you should be careful with plugins, which are installed on your Jira Cloud. Mostly you can not migrate plugin information to Jira Server or Data Center via a backup. You would need to find a way.

Sysaccount October 9, 2018

Thanks @Alexey Matveev for enlightening me with this information . It gives us a good start. I have another question about configuring SSO in data center?

We are planning to configure SSO when moving to data center. There are some external users accessing our Jira cloud now. But when we configure SSO, will the users or work related to those users be unavailable? 

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2018

The work of this users will be available. But it is a question, if they can connect to your Jira or not. You must make sure that these users can connect through the SSO, which you setup.

Suggest an answer