Migrating from Jira Cloud to Jira Server

Igor Jovanovic October 9, 2017

Hello,

For migrating projects from Jira Cloud to Jira Server, I got an advice to migrate the complete system to my PC first and after that to move it project by project to the Jira Server of my company. This is because the current Jira Server instance of my company has already projects in and I can't just restore the whole system from the Cloud backup.

What I did:

1) Installed Jira server on my laptop

2) Created Backup of my Jira Cloud 

3) Tried to restore the system on the Jira Server from the backup

Licence key was requested but I don't know which one. Licence key doesn't exist for Jira Cloud, so I don't understand what is an issue.

Anyone could advice me?

Best regards,

Igor

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2017

Hi Igor,

For Jira server versions, you will need to activate a license key for the Jira products you are using.  This could be Jira Software, Jira Core, and/or Jira Service Desk.

What I would recommend would be to go to https://my.atlassian.com and on that site you can create a free evaluation license for any/all of the Jira Applications that you use in Cloud, and then apply that license key to your Jira Server instance.

With that license key applied you can then continue to use the Jira Server version.

Cheers,
Andy

Igor Jovanovic October 13, 2017

That worked! Thanks a lot Andy!

After importing I was unable to log in, neither to send an email with passport to my email. I have to look now for similar problems in the community. If you have any hint, please send me, thanks!

Cheers,

Igor

Igor Jovanovic October 13, 2017

I succeeded with sysadmin/sysadmin, no problem.

Marcin Szarek October 22, 2017

Hi Igor,

Can you please tell me what are essential steps to migrate Jira Cloud to the server?

Many thanks,

Marcin 

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 24, 2017

Suggest an answer