Migrating from JIRA OnDemand to Standalone

iro_MT December 2, 2012

Hello,

We are using JIRA standalone, just upgraded to 5.2.1.

Our company has purchased recently another company that was using JIRA OnDemand. (innovity.atlassian.net).

Now, we need to merge the 2 JIRAs: export data from OnDemand and import it in the standalone installation. I made the export file, copied it on the local server to the appropiate location. So far, so good.

However, when I go to System -> Restore System, JIRA says: "The xml data you are trying to import seems to be from a newer version of JIRA. This will not work."

When I go to System -> Project Import, Jira says: "This data appears to be from an older version of JIRA. Please upgrade the data and try again. The current version of JIRA is at build number '813', but the supplied backup file was for build number '6001'."

>What do?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JustinA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2012

Hi man,

Because JIRA standalone has a different build number than OnDemand, you would need to modify the build number to ensure the project import goes well.

Can you look this up and try the project import?

Cheers!

iro_MT December 2, 2012

thanks, that worked!

0 votes
Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2012

You could go through this documentation: Migrating from JIRA OnDemand to a JIRA Installed Site.

iro_MT December 2, 2012

thanks for your answer. I read the document. I created a new jira instance on a VM and at the initial setup process I'm receiving the same error. Screenshot: http://imgur.com/0vvou

Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2012

Kindly have a look at the UPDATE at this post.

iro_MT December 2, 2012

I opened /atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/jira-build.properties

There is no downgrade.allowed.build.number property in the file.

What I have is:

downgrade.allowed.build.version.pattern

Initial value was: 6.0-OD-01.*

tried 6.0-OD-01*

tried 6.0-OD-01

tried *

none of them work.

In the backup, entities.xml has:

___ Core Application Properties ____________

Version                                       : 6.0-OD-01
     Build #                                       : 6001
     Build Date                                    : Tue Nov 27 00:00:00 CST 2012
     Installation Type                             : unknown
     Server ID                                     : ****-****-****-****
     Base URL                                      : https://innovity.atlassian.net
     Default Language                              : English (United States)
     External User Management                      : OFF

any suggestions?

Suggest an answer