Migrating custom fields and workflows to other JIRA cloud

Philip Bell June 2, 2017

Hello fellow Atlassian...ans?

I'm working on creating workflows as prototypes for the non-engnieering department in our company.  I want to setup a seperate JIRA Cloud account for them and then migrate the custom fields and workflows we have prototyped.  Most of the backup and migration steps I have found refer to JIRA Server.  Is there a way I can export custom fields, even the JIRA instance as a whole, and import it as a new JIRA cloud instance, after which I can delete our software projects and just leave the non engineering pieces behind?  Or in general is there a better way to do this other than starting from scratch in a new Cloud instance.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2017

You can migrate an entire Cloud instance from one place to another, but it is a destructive migration, it will overwrite the target system completely.  See https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/changing-the-cloud-instance-url-address-or-migrating-to-a-new-cloud-instance-691011835.html

Copying over bits of configuration, such as fields and workflows though, no, it boils down to mostly "re do it by hand"

Philip Bell June 2, 2017

That sounds like what I want, since I'll be creating an empty Cloud instance and want to move all current data in, then simply wipe away the unrelated development information once I'm done with the prototyping stage.

Suggest an answer