It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Migrating Tempo worklogs from Cloud to Server

We are Migrating from Jira Cloud to Server.

Am also checking in with Tempo on this (aware they say they cannot migrate). Wanting to ask the wider community if anyone has come up against this and found a workaround. We have 2 years of data that we can't lose.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

I was a little luckier...moving from Server to Cloud so I had full DB access and was able to pull everything into a CSV file. We then used that CSV to import the data, which did require some cleanup but was able to give us the records we were looking for.

You might be able to get a backup of the projects time was logged in by atlassian and have that serve as your Upload template. 

Asking our Tech team to also reach out to Atlassian. Hopefully there is a workaround.

We made a script  for it that was able to migrate all worklogs, despite the differences in the db's.

Not at blazing speeds yet , but it manages to migrate about 60 worklogs per minute.

Hi Manuel, I read that you have a script that can migrate tempo sheets from Cloud to Server. Is it also possible to use this script to migrate from Server to Cloud?

Hello Martijn,

Yes it can with some changes. We are "polishing" the script further and further

Thanks for your answer Manuel.

Is it possible to use this script?

@Manuel Pattyn Any chance you are planning to make the script public? It would be greatly appreciated.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

The add-in you’ve been waiting for: Jira Cloud for Excel 🙌

Introducing Jira Cloud for Excel Here at the product integrations team at Atlassian, we are thrilled to announce the new Jira Cloud for Excel add-in! This add-in lets you export Jira data directly ...

864 views 6 24
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you