Migrating Jira

Abhinav Kumar January 18, 2016

Hi All,

I have 2 JIRA environment . Old one is JIRA v6.2.5 and on Server-A. New one is JIRA v6.4.12 and on Server-B.

We need to migrate old one to new one which is on Server B. 

So I believe two things are to be done:

1- Migrating old JIRA from Server A to Server B

2- Merging Old JIRA with new Jira.

Can some one advise if this is correct and also What steps I should be following for this in what order?

I also have JIRA Agile plugin in both environments. Old has JIRA Agile v6.6.80 and new has JIRA Agile v6.7.0. What's to be done for that?

2 answers

1 vote
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2016

Instructions on how to merge two JIRA instances are at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+merge+JIRA+applications+instances. However, I must stress how important it is that you do this in a test environment first. The more customised your instances are the more likely you are to have challenges with merging. In particular elements such as personal filters, dashboards etc may not migrate effectively.

1 vote
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2016

I would reccimend you do not do it once, but in two steps:

1. Migrate to the new server 
  2. Update JIRA to 6.7.0

It could be much robust and safe.

Suggest an answer